Friday, May 8, 2009

Stop... Be Still

So I've been doing this small devotional time each morning before I go to work. After I drop my daughter off at school and my son at my grandma's, I have about 15 mins or so before I have to clock in for my job. I figured, this would be a perfect time to connect with God on a daily basis.
In my devotionals, I've been looking at stopping.
An analogy was refueling a car. You wouldn't drive by a gas station and try to refuel your car w/o stopping would you? Of course not. You know that you must stop the car, get out, and put the hose into the gas tank. The same is true w/ refueling w/ God. You can't do it in a drive by kind of fashion. You need to stop sometimes. Just be. In the psalms, the psalmist wrote from the mouth of God "Be still and know that I am God". Too often we overlook this aspect... be still.
So i've been finding small amounts and little moments of time each day to simply stop. When I sit in my car, I stop. I let God be God and i stop in his presence.
It's an awesome thing to simply be still for God...
Try it today. before you go to bed, be still and say "God... I'm still.. and you are God".
after one of your classes, pause in the hallway and say it. before you eat your dinner. after practice... during practice... turn off your computer screen and just be still for a minute... then continue..
it doesn't have to be long. just a moment of stillness. Go on. Try it. Be still. And know that He is God.

Love God... Love people... Serve the world...
Jpack

No comments:

Post a Comment